Bergen → Kirkenes
- The arctic circle
- North Cape
Price per cabin
Welcome to Havila Voyages. We sail with new, environmentally friendly ships which makes the world's most beautiful costal voyage also a comfortable one.
On the northbound voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes, you will visit some of the world’s most beautiful fjords, cross the Arctic Circle and sail around the North Cape plateau, at the very top of Europe, during the daytime.
*Geiranger visited 01.06–31.08. Hjørundfjorden visited 01.09-31.10.
The journey starts in Bergen, the capital of western Norway, with the colourful and UNESCO-listed warehouses in Bryggen. Take the funicular railway, Fløibanen, up to one of the lookout points, sample the seafood at the fish market or take a stroll through the narrow streets and along the quays of the lively harbour. Bergen is the gateway to the Norwegian fjords and the start of your coastal adventure.
Ports: Florø - Måløy - Torvik - Ålesund - Geiranger*/Hjørundfjorden*- Ålesund - Molde
After the first night on board, you can start your day by waving to the Havila Voyages headquarters just off Torvik. Ålesund, is renowned for its art nouveau architecture with beautiful brick houses and warehouses. In the summer, you can continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Geiranger Fjord, which has steep mountainsides and dramatic waterfalls.
*Geiranger visited 01.06–31.08
**Hjørundfjorden/Urke visited 01.09-31.10
- Geiranger and Trollstigen, Geiranger*
- E-biking in Norangsdalen, Urke**
- Unique paddling experience Hjørundfjord, Urke**
- Guided cultural walk in the fjords, Urke**
- Hike to a mountain farm, Urke**
- Art nouveau walk, Ålesund
- Atlanterhavsparken Aquarium, Ålesund
- Kayaking in Alesund, Ålesund
- Hiking at Sukkertoppen, Ålesund
- Winter cruise to the world heritage area of Geiranger, Ålesund
- Fishing Adventure in Ålesund
- The Mountaineering Capital of Norway, Ålesund
- Idyllic walk in a living, historic factory, Ålesund
Ports: Kristiansund - Trondheim - Rørvik
It is morning when we dock in the historic city of Trondheim, which was founded over a thousand years ago. Nidaros Cathedral is the landmark of the city; it is Norway's national shrine and one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe. After our visit here, the voyage continues out into the fjord, into an abundant archipelago and heads for northern Norway.
Ports: Brønnøysund - Sandnessjøen - Nesna - Ørnes - Bodø - Stamsund - Svolvær
On this stretch, we mark crossing the Arctic Circle with a ceremony and continue onward into the Arctic regions. It means midnight sun in the summer, while winter days are merely a shade less dark than night-time and, possibly, Northern Lights in the evenings. Nature is powerful with northern Scandinavia's largest glacier, the world's strongest tidal current and encounters with the majestic sea eagle. In the evening, Lofoten's fishing villages, steep mountains and Vikings await.
- Svartisen Glacier, Ørnes
- Experience Bodø and Saltstraumen,Bodø
- Taste the arctic outdoor, Bodø
- RIB-safari to Saltstraumen and the sea eagles, Bodø
- Feast with the Viking chieftain, Stamsund
- Meet and greet Lofoten, Stamsund
Ports: Stokmarknes - Sortland - Risøyhamn - Harstad - Finnsnes - Tromsø - Skervøy
The voyage continues on through narrow fjords and past wild mountains to Tromsø, a city characterised by hunting and fishing, polar expeditions and courage. Now you have also reached the land of the Sami, Norway's indigenous people. Meeting the Sami and their reindeer while hearing about the Sami culture is a unique experience you will remember.
Ports: Hammerfest - Havøysund - Honningsvåg - Kjøllefjord - Mehamn - Berlevåg
As far north as you can get - by land and sea. For many, the visit to the North Cape is a high point and a goal for voyages along the Norwegian coast. Up here in the polar landscape, nature is at its harshest and most desolate, but between bare plains and rugged cliffs people cling on and reap nature's bounty. You can also have a taste of the catch. How about some king crab?
- The North Cape plateau , Honningsvåg
- Magerøya Island ATV Summer Safari, Honningsvåg
- Magerøya Island ATV Winter Safari, Honningsvåg
- Snowshoeing and ice fishing in the Arctic, Honningsvåg
- Birdwatching near North Cape, Honningsvåg
- Visiting a Sami family, Kjøllefjord
- Autumn visit to the Sami, Kjøllefjord
- Snowmobiling under the Polar sky, Kjøllefjord
- Birdwatching near North Cape, Honningsvåg
Ports: Båtsfjord - Vardø - Vadsø - Kirkenes
You are now as far east on your voyage as you can go. The border with Russia is only a few kilometres away, and the road signs in Kirkenes are in Norwegian and Russian. You can go as far as the border on one of our excursions, or how about a visit to the Snowhotel where everything is made of ice and snow?
- Snowhotel Kirkenes
- King crab with a snowmobile on the frozen fjord, Kirkenes
- Dog sledding in the Arctic, Kirkenes
- Snowmobile safari in the Arctic, Kirkenes
- The Russian border, Kirkenes
- King crab fishing in a RIB, Kirkenes
Experiences along the coast
Our beautiful fjords
The magical northern light
The smiling midnight sun
Click on the button to order a voyage. This will take you to our service which will walk you through the order.